Tuesday, April 24, 2007

About last night

Ok, guys, I don't do a lot of "warm 'n fuzzies" in the blog. They tend to get a bit yucky so I avoid 'em as I can.

But this time, no getting around 'em so you'll have to bear with me.

Something happened last night in the game that smacked me in the face with why I'm there. And here. It isn't the wicked creative talents or the competition or the waiting to see who gets who. Well, ok, yeah it is--but it's more. A whole lot more.

Last night we learned that one of our players, a young girl, was having some tough times. She let me know why she'd been outa the game for a few weeks, that it would be a challenge for her to make it back at all. I let the other moderators know what was up.

From there...snowball effect. I witnessed such a rush of concern & support & encouragement for our player. She was a friend. The others were glad to know what was what. Each one of 'em asked what they could do, how they could help. I think our player was a little overwhelmed by the outpouring...but I also think she was pleased and, yeah, warm 'n fuzzy from all the cyber-support.

It's a great group of people that I play with. Each of them is unique & found KTDARPG for their own reasons. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I know them. Glad to be a part of them.

Maria, Prince, Robert, Jason, James, Hawk, Arianna, Krystal, Kitty ... you guys rock. It's nights like last night that remind me why I'm here.

And to Sable, don't be too overwhelmed by us. Ok? But when a friend is in need, what's a person to do? Whatever you need, just give us a shout. We'll be around.

-Chyna
Co-Owner, KTDARPG

No comments:

Post a Comment