Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Tribal Christmas

I always thought it was a shame "The Tribe" never dealt with Old World holidays. There was a definite lack of environmental details, even though a good chunk of filming was done outside in all kinds of weather. We might have seen a bit of rain here and there, but I don't remember ever seeing snow. And ok, I understand that. By not allowing us to focus on the weather or the seasons, they kept our attention squarely on the characters and the plot.

That's where I think our game takes "The Tribe" a step farther in a really good way.

The game began in the fall season. We've had falling leaves and crisp nights that slowly changed to winter and snowstorms.

We shyed away from Christmas, but that had more to do with our group of players being so diverse, we weren't sure how--or if--we wanted to deal with present-day religious themes. Instead we celebrated Winter Solstice. It was a great party!

I was re-reading the Winter Solstice posts today and thinking how far we've come, with our game & our friendships. I value both a great deal, but the friendships most of all.

All of which is just a build-up to say "Merry Christmas" to my Tribe-family. If I tried to list you all, I'd be sure to miss someone ... besides, you know who you are.

I will send a special holiday thanks to my fellow owners/moderators -- Prince & Manmod & Rio & Xeno.

To Sid and Ransom ... gone but not forgotten ... Merry Christmas.

To all our players and members and readers and visitors, happy holidays.

God bless us, every one.

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe," from the Tribeworld archives

No comments:

Post a Comment