Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on tv!

I'm chuckling as I write this. It seems funny to me, to have to say what I'm about to say. But it appears there's a real need to remind people!

Here's the thing:

Don't confuse the Player with his/her Character!

It's amazing how peoples' attitudes are shaped by what they read. Honest, guys -- if a guy character is a scumbag in the game, that really doesn't mean the player is a scumbag! Same with a girl character who's got loose morals. Or the character who's mostly a bad guy, or even a good guy.

Hehe... makes me wonder if the actors who portrayed all our favorite characters in "The Tribe" had the same problem. Did people think Meryl was really the bitchy "Ebony"? Or that Caleb was a drunken womanizer like Lex was in Season-2? Hmm...

Anyway, this is just my reminder to our players: Don't judge another player by the character he or she creates for the game. Because if you expect the real-life me to be mirror "Villa" or even "Jade," I guess you'd be disappointed!

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

2 comments:

  1. I had the benefit of meeting Meryl before I saw the show.. as well as the core set of actors. -- They were all very very cool! Meryl is very sweet, Caleb is a real hunk who enjoys the drum circle, they and all the rest are great and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY! And I'm sure the same can be said of Rio & ffguru & Kane & Prince & Eris and so many others of our players who happen to play less-than-heroic figures!

    ReplyDelete