Sunday, October 08, 2006

Angels

I was talking with another KTDARPG player last night & it occurred to me that, just as in the original "Tribe", our game has experienced a Guardian (or maybe more than one). But where are the guardian angels?

Our "Guardian" appeared in the form of Lion-F & his Brotherhood (which at one time included Xeno & Brena). They knew what was best for everyone, were determined to shepherd us all peacefully & compliantly into that New World just waiting for us. And just as in the tv show, our sheep did not go peacefully & compliantly. They didn't GO at all, and fought the BH every step of the way. Lion-F tried again with The Way and...well, that didn't work out either.

But my mind latched onto the idea of guardian angel. Hawk is almost one--more avenging angel than guardian. Arianna & Jade were also "almost," but their contributions have been more overt than covert; and we know guardian angels work more behind the scenes than in front. Even Tom-F almost qualified; his business was ultimately good for the city, but there was no "guardian" quality about it.

OK, I admit I'm not sure where this thought is leading me. But we've seen the fighters & the lovers, the haves & have-nots, the good guys & the not so good, the demons...but not the angels. I've been assured there's at least one "potential" in the game, and I'm thinking that Rex also is a maybe. I guess we wait 'n see.

In a conflicted world where every day is a struggle, I think we need the kind of people who have a touch of altruism in their natures. That would qualify as part of the "hope"-factor...a part of the "keep the dream alive" that's sort of been missing up to now.

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment