Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ages

Just random thoughts...

Was noticing that, after 2 years & into 5 seasons in the game now, our primaries are tending to grow older on us. Sure, we've had a rash of baby-birthin's lately, but the middle demographic is missing.

The 12-, 13- & 14-year-olds tended to be the fun characters in "The Tribe", when I look back. But that's "fun" as in challenging--those were the guys who tended to get in the most trouble!

Being nostalgic, I know. Seems like most of our characters in-game right now are the Adults. The 17-year-olds and up. And they actually do seem to be...aging. Adult-ish. Growing tired of the struggle, maybe. It's been a hard 2 years in-game, for sure.

Somehow, we need some new energy. Usually that involves fighting, but there has to be something else. We've tried festivals. We've tried riots. We've tried partying. We've tried politics.

The next Great Idea is out there. Somewhere.

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

1 comment:

  1. This one is from Sable, who emailed me and asked me to add it to the response section:

    Hey, we are out there, those under the age of 17years old. My character is 10 years old, Sable. And I see Bug, and Lily and Izzy. And there is Worm. I think he is a young character. And over in the River rat tribe, I was reading posts on small kids playing with the new character that had a baby. Are they npcs or player characters? So I see lots of 10 and under. But you are right, the 11-15 age is missing. When I read the player character profile page in the game, I saw lots of characters in the missing age group, but they are not currently being played. The twin sisters from Tango lake, and their brother. Maybe we should ask them to bring them back out? Just a thought. -Sable and Tom

    ReplyDelete