Saturday, September 09, 2006

D*C Impressions, Part-2

Dragon*Con was awesome. The best part was meeting KTDARPG players in the real world. So the first part of my "Impressions" series will be about them. Even with masks off, we found friends & not just crazy game-players.

Inside KTDARPG all her characters are colorful, interesting, unique. A quasi-innocent amnesiac skater-chick, a hard-core AK functionary, a Jamaican-accented shadow man...she also holds the record for one of the game's icky-est moments. (Still can't get the "poppin' pigeon heads" scene outa my mind, after all this time!) Ransom is the one who introduced me to the game; and though you never know what she'll do next, one thing is predictable: her generosity to other players. She's a great partner, and she can bring a scene to life!

The player is the person I discovered at Dragon*Con--a colorful, interesting, unique woman. She was the 1st person I met, the 1st hug among old/new friends, the one who showed me sides to the convention I wouldn't have found otherwise. Her generosity is bone-deep. If I needed advice, direction, guidance, help or just a quiet corner to hide in for a deep breath between adventures...Ransom was the one I counted on. She's also as colorful in person as she is in game, but that doesn't begin to describe the grace & beauty & genuineness of spirit that come naturally to her. And while I knew she danced? I had NO IDEA what that truly meant until I saw her teaching others & then taking to the floor for a demonstration of what she can do. Awesome.

Scenes I won't forget: Ransom in full "Moulin Rouge" attire--at an industrial rave! Ransom as a "Chinese Lady" illustrating what the word "graceful" means. Ransom at the drum circle. Ransom playing task-mistress & keeping us all in line & on schedule (NOT an easy task!). Ransom nervous as a cat over an upcoming improv performance--and afterward smiling in triumph, knowing she nailed it. Ransom relaxed at dinner, talking about next year's convention & all the possibilities.

I knew Ransom before KTDARPG because of our "Tribe" interests. She introduced me to the game, and she's been my friend through a lot of ups & downs. She keeps me grounded. In case I didn't say it at the con...thanks, Woman.

-Chyna

No comments:

Post a Comment