Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Friends

For a variety of reasons, I've been out of the game totally for almost 2 weeks.

I didn't realize how much it all meant to me until it wasn't there from day to day. Rpg-addiction? I don't think so, not when I think about what it was that I missed. It wasn't the cyber-fantasy or unexpected plot twists or the surprising new player popping in or taking time to debate the finer points of what constitutes breaking the rules.

It was the people.

I never thought about it quite this way, but I've spent more than a year making friends that are important to me. As one of them told me, when someone suddenly disappears from the game, it's like losing a family member.

I know, I know, people pooh-pooh cyberspace & warn you about the internet & say watch out for crazies. Actually, we're all crazies in here--crazy about an obscure tv show & the creative messages it brought into our lives. That's where we started. Then we found other things in common, no matter how far apart we live. (I think, at our farthest point, there are about 6,000 miles between the 2 most remote KTDARPG members.)

Then I add, "so what?" Cyberspace doesn't respect time or space. Neither does friendship.

All of this just means I'm glad to be back, guys. I missed you. --Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

1 comment:

  1. We're glad you are back too!
    Game just wasnt the same without our friend- the Sister of Chaos!!

    ReplyDelete