Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Did you really say "Trust Me"?




Ah, my friends, Chyna truly wishes she had a dollar for every time she's heard a player say: "Trust me."

It's such a warm, cozy feeling to know you have player-friends looking out for your best interests, who want to draw you into their interesting plots & strategies & game twists and turns.

Yeaaahhh ... how stupid do I look?

I know, I know, I've said it myself. "Trust me." Trust that I have a plan in mind that you're PERFECT to help me with! Trust that we'll either succeed or else have someone to cry with when it all goes to hell. Trust that I THINK I know what I'm doing.

One of the first lessons Mom taught me was Never trust a guy who says "Trust Me." Mom would be proud--I learned that lesson well. Sure, I slip up from time to time. Forget the cardinal rules for dealing with "bad boys" & actually think I know someone well enough that I won't get trapped. Silly me. But I get over it, move on, and probably will make the same mistake again somewhere else down the road.

Bottom line? This is just a game, not world domination. And if I went through life never trusting anybody because I've been burned a time or two? Seems like it would get kinda lonely. I think I'd rather be a trusting soul than a cold one.

Oh, and just so you know ...am generally trustworthy. At least I try to be. I'm not malicious, not vindictive, not so devious that I'll give a green-eyed smile & hope you're bemused enough to follow along just so I can use you and toss you later.

Trust me. *big grin*

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment