Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Hope

In reading earlier years of "Chyna's Closet," I
came upon the post I wrote for Christmas 2009.
As I think about today, all my family & friends
scattered around the world, this post seemed
especially evocative of what I'm feeling ... and
what I'm wishing for all those I love.

Merry Christmas, everyone. 



We never saw Christmas in The Tribe. Actually we didn't see many old traditions carried into the post-Virus world.

In our Tribe-based rpg, that seems to hold true as well. The only major celebration we've had in all our game-years has been Winter Solstice. A few characters have quietly observed their own traditions. The two that come to mind quickly are Christmas & Hanukkah. Other than that ... nothing.

I think it's a bit sad. The one thing Christmas--and truthfully, most traditions--does for us is bind people together. In this holiday season, we see families come closer & count their blessings. We see neighbors helping each other more. Strangers on the street can be friendlier. Even for someone spending Christmas alone, there can be joyful moments. A card from a distant relative. A phone call from mom in Florida. An unexpected present from a friend. A neighbor shoveling your snow. A candle lit against the dark.

The Christmas season is about hope...something we can't have enough of.

To my Tribe-friends, I hope you're all well & spending Christmas with your loved ones. I don't think you can do any better than that.

Here's a virtual hug coming your way -- *hugs*

Merry Christmas, whatever world you live in.

-Chyna

[Original title: Merry Christmas, 2009"]

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment