Monday, October 14, 2013

Tribal Girl Got Game!

I can't help it--she's my favorite KTDA character. Dear, crazy Villa. Give her an inch & she'll burn down the city! Put her together with Marionette, her soul-mate to the nth degree, and you've got a recipe for chaos.

And of course, as everyone knows, true love never ever runs smooth. Need proof? Read on, my friends, for a small sample.


Making Amends
Post #11483 -- December 2006

Villa walked into Val's place with an expression like thunder. At the bar she snagged a couple of tall bottles. Her boots were loud on the steps as she went upstairs to her room. She slammed the door so hard it echoed downstairs. She uncorked one of the bottles and chugged until it was empty.*

------------------
*Marionette's eyes were focused. He had been thinking of how he'd do this for a while. He knocked on the door to their room then pushed hard, swinging the door back.*

Marionette: Jeez, Villa. Way to sulk, huh? Thinking a king can be forced into submission--a king of demons to top it off. A great berserker like me? *laughing* You're a funny girl. Now stop being so bitchy. Just shut up, deal with it, and let's go.

*Marionette grabbed the bottle she was holding, pushed her slightly, then left the room with a laugh. Back downstairs, he returned the bottle to the serving girl and nodded.* "I'll be outside."

------------
*Anger blazing, Villa pulled out a pack and started tossing her stuff in it.*

Villa: Sulk? Me? Heavens no! Just a last drink in honor of an almost-- (Almost what?) *gulps air* King of Demons? King of Poodles more like it. Let's see how far he gets before that leash jerks him right back in the yard.

*When the bag was full she zipped it and tossed it over her shoulder. She left the room and headed down.*

*In the bar she stopped. The place was quiet. Faces looking...at her? Villa pasted on her widest smile.*

Villa: What? For me? You shouldn't have! *tries a theatrical bow and almost falls on her ass* Just continue what you were doin', guys. Man says "Go"--I'm outa here. *grins and tips a non-existant hat* It's been fun. Let's do it again some time.

*Laughing at the craziness, she headed out the door.*

------------
*Marionette was waiting.*

Marionette: Decided to come out to play, huh? Good times and parties all round, Villa.

*He brought his hand to his face and started to wipe off his white face paint, the black parts around his eyes, his extended smile...everything.*

Marionette: There we go. No more mask. *laughs slightly and relaxes* My name is Francis Marqui Killgrave. I was born over seas, learned the arts of combat and death. *laughs as he adds* Although I also appreciate long walks on the beach and strolls through the park. *bows with a smirkish smile* It's nice to meet you, miss. And you are....?

Villa: *genuinely startled* Francis, huh? or Marionette? or Wrath... *says the name softer, a touch of regret* Me? Just a girl. No friends. No ambitions. Not much more than you see. So tell me, Ace give you permission for this... change? Everything about it smells like bait in a trap. So I ask myself, trap for who? Couldn't be me--I'm not worth the time.

Marionette: *laughing* All of the above. The precursor, Villa. Before it was separated, there was a whole. That whole is...I. So how long have you been alone? Bet it's as long as I've been shut off by the world, right? We're like two peas in a pod. *peels off a surface layer of his coat to reveal a black trench coat, a white cross on the back and on his heart too with Villa's name written in red* The peas nobody else would touch, right?

Villa: You don't know me. I'm alone because I choose to be. I CHOOSE. This New World is a playground, a present from the Virus. I take my fun and let the rest go to hell. Nobody tells me what to do.

Marionette: I know you a lot--we are the same. You take your fun by force to assert your authority because you fear. You fear other people's authority over you. Everyone controls your life because you fear them giving you commands. This new world is your prison. I should know, it's mine as well. Like beasts in our cages, you and I. We're afraid of other people--you for their authority and control, me for their opinions and their control over what I am. I know you a lot better than you know yourself, Villa.

Villa: *coldly* Good for you, babe. You take what you think you know and shove it. Nobody cages me, nobody collars me. And if the world's a prison? *shrugs* It's big enough. But nobody controls me. *fingers the blade she can feel through her coat* I'm not afraid of you, if that's what you're aiming for.

Marionette: *laughs at her misunderstanding* Come on, Villa, Wake the f**k up. Your cage is smaller than mine, your collar tighter. Nobody needs to control you--you do that. I don't want you to fear me. i want anything BUT that! If you feared me, how could we have that party, huh? *shrugs slightly* You don't need words to control someone, Villa. Actions and sh*t do it all, too. So? *grins* Enough of this serious sh*t, awright? *stretches and laughs again* I really need a drink.

Villa: (This isn't real--can't BE real--like Wrath wasn't real.) *a flash of menacing eyes and a malicious smile flits through her mind* (If..........) *That "if" keeps her from walking away*

Villa: You're not like me. You don't have a clue. But you do owe me a beer, Francis Marqui Killgrave. *glances toward the bar* I walked out with a standing ovation. Time for the encore?

Marionette: *shrugs* Whatever you say, crazy chick. And don't call me by my older name, please? It sucks, and it's way too stale. Let's leave it with Marionette, okay?

*Marionette walked to the door with a smile then stopped, waiting for her to go first.*

Marionette: Stage is yours, crazy chick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...and we definitely love her on stage!

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment