Friday, August 23, 2013

Your Deepest Secrets are Never Safe


In The Tribe Season-2, Jack & Ellie uncovered the role Dani's father played in the Virus that ravaged their world. Her worst fears were realized when her secret came out--and she had a fight on her hands to stay with the Mall Rats & Bray and keep working her plans to unite the city.

A secret will ALWAYS bite you in the ass, eventually.

That's what Xeno discovered in KTDA. Like Dani, his secret involved the Virus. For Xeno, the road to redemption would be much harder... and ultimately, he would pay with his life.

Here's an excerpt from a very riveting plot-line.


Xeno's Secret

Xeno: We need to talk.

*Hawk's expression turns deadly when she sees Xeno. Chyna touches her friend's hand.*

Chyna: Hawk, if Xeno's got answers, I'd like to hear what he has to say. We need all the information we can get to decide what to do next.

Xeno: Hawk, have you read Brena's letter yet? I think you should, out loud, and I'll answer any questions. (I hope Brena wrote what I think she did, and no more.)

*Hawk pulls out the letter, scans it, hands it over to Xeno.*

Hawk: *shock is in her voice* You read it out loud, Xeno. If it's true, then Chyna should hear... that... from you.

*As Xeno reads aloud, words & memories flash through Hawk's mind.*

[Created a virus that would kill all kids under 18... Would swap it from kids to adults... virus was let lose but with a change--kill adults.]

[Brena: "How could you have forgotten your action?" Xeno: "The action I did for us, and then YOU made it fail!" Brena: "Me? Your action--you did it. Hard times for hard actions." Xeno: "We could've held it together. The Brotherhood was a dream we all shared. In the name of that dream, millions have been killed." Brena: "By your hand alone. Your choice, Xeno." Xeno: "The future would have been ours!"]

[Mass graves shown on TV. Burning cities.]

[Announcer: "Getting the Virus is just a matter of time, if you're over 18."]

[Slavers.]

[The Virus isn't natural... deliberate release... ]

[Her father's voice: "Hawk, you are the only one left. Avenge us!"]

Hawk: *shocked and stunned* (It cant be true. He did it... for his lover? All the suffering, the slave camps, the killings... because of those two?!!!???)

*The agony won't be bottled up. Hawk leaps up and walks over to the stand of large trees. She lashes out with her hands at a large oak tree, punching it, her hands bleeding, each time mentally saying NO.* (They can't be gone because of a him. There has to be another explanation.) *Where once stood an oak now is a woodpile with a small stump, and a silent figure standing with eyes riveted to the mountains.*

Xeno: *sighs* She revealed more than I hoped.

*He takes out a lighter and burns the letter. Xeno watches Hawk and fear crosses his face, but he accepted the consequences of his actions a long time ago... knowing one day they would kill him... hoping it's not today.*

Chyna: *stunned, shaking her head in denial* The virus... the Brotherhood... all of it... (God help us.) Hawk? Hawk! Stop it! That's not helping! *gets up* Hawk-- we're here for answers. Nobody said we were going to like them. DEAL WITH NOW! We can't DO anything about the past. *clenches her fists at her sides* (God help us.) HAWK! Xeno said he'll answer our questions. (I don't think she can handle anymore answers.) Start asking.

*Hawk turns to face them, and Chyna shrinks from her friend--anger, pain, loss, grief all naked on her face. Murder is there too, and retribution.*

Chyna: (No, Hawk. We need him. If we have a chance against the Brotherhood, he may be the leverage-- or the weapon-- we need.) *Plants herself firmly in Hawk's way* (I won't let you kill him. Not today.) HAWK. WE NEED MORE.

Hawk: *voice barely controlled* You ask then. I... can't. *takes three deep breaths, voice is more controlled, looks at Xeno* Chyna is the only reason you are not dead. *faces Chyna, speaks softer* I will follow your lead.

*Chyna looks directly into Hawk's eyes, reads her pain, and nods once.*

Chyna: *faces Xeno squarely* Answer then. What Brena wrote-- is it true? All of it?

Xeno: It's all true. There is more to it, but yes. It's all true.

Chyna: There's nothing I can do about the past. I have to deal with the way things are right now. I've got friends in the city. So does Hawk. And you have a sister. If Fort River is the last city left to fall to the Brotherhood, how will the soldiers secure the city? What will happen to the kids? Because I don't intend to just let the Brotherhood have the city. I'm going to fight them, Xeno. I need you to tell me what it is I'll be fighting. *pauses* And I need to know which side you'll be on.

Xeno: We have to survive WITH the Brotherhood. Once they take control, things will settle down, like before the Virus. Trading will pick up. It will be safer on the streets. Everything will be better organized, as long as you don't get on the wrong side of the Brotherhood... Fight them? Why? There is nowhere else to run. I've fought in more cities than I can count and in the end, I run. There is no other way."

*In the end, it's Chyna who looks away. She tries to put the pieces together but can't make them fit.*

Chyna: Enough. My head's pounding and I'm getting cold. I'm going back to the cave. *looks from Xeno to Hawk standing woodenly to the side* Hawk? I'm sorry... *words escape her* Xeno, you might want to come back with me. *picks up her backpack and moves away from the river, needing... something, and not sure where she'll find it.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

1 comment:

  1. wow just wow, I want to return to write stuff like this

    ReplyDelete