Saturday, September 24, 2011

Moments

Tonight I was reading game posts & remembering moments from The Tribe that really stayed with me. That's the way I am, mostly. I'll watch a movie or a tv series or read a book, and it's like my brain sorts through the highlights & keeps them for my thinking pleasure. Here, I'll share.

A defining moment in Season-1 was when our Lex contracted the Virus. The panic. The desperation. The will to survive in the face of excruciating odds. That was when we really learned the truth about the Virus & what it could do to a person.

Maybe that's it with me--it's the life & death moments that stand out starkly in my mind. In Season-2 it was always the look on Ebony's face as the car pushed & pushed & pushed her into the water off the pier...and maybe to her death.

It was the same with Season-3. A hugely powerful scene was Dal's funeral, but most especially when Jack stopped by the grave to have last words with his old friend before he left the city for parts unknown. Jack was so vulnerable in those moments. Impressive...

Season-4 gave us the Technos. Do you remember your first glimpse of them? Whether it was the plane scene or the trucks or the troops on the ground, the sight of Jay in full Techno gear stayed with me throughout the rest of that season.

Season-5 there were a lot of stark truths. One of the hardest was watching Amber's face when she had Mega search the computer for word of what happened to Bray. Poor Bray...

Moments can be powerful things.

And the moments in our lives? The births, deaths, weddings, first-meetings, loves, lies, fears and joys... treasure them all.

-Chyna

photo credit: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment