Sunday, June 03, 2007

Before 'n After

In a lot of ways Season-2 of "The Tribe" remains one of my favorites for a very simple reason: that was the season we learned what the characters were like before the Virus changed everything.

It was surprising & it wasn't. Everyone was pretty much normal before their world turned upside down. For the high-school students, their biggest problems were familiar ones. Teachers. School. Boyfriends. Girlfriends. Sports. Parents. Yeah . . . normal as we might define "normal" today.

As I remember that season & then look to our game, damned if I don't wish there was more of a way we could play out what our current characters were like "before."

Oh we've done some with flashbacks. Some with "why I am the way I am" explanations in moments of crisis. Some with memories of what things used to be like. And those glimpses have just made me want more.

Greedy? Yeah well, sue me.

The characters in our game are great. Larger than life sometimes, and sometimes just. . .well, real. I can picture them in my mind. Even when they might not be active in a scene, I can almost see what they're doing when we can't see them. (Active imagination, yeah. And kinda fun.)

It would be fun to know the kind of little girl Arianna was. Or what Villa was like before she was crazy. It would be great to see the first meeting & courtship of Sid & Breya and Slash's birth. We've seen Hawk's early life played out in flashback but what about Krystal? or Valentine? It would be fun to re-live Prince's rock-star days or see what drove Marionette to his red sea.

Fun to think about. And if there's a way to get that kind of detail into our game? Well. . .you know I'm gonna be looking for it.

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment