Saturday, May 05, 2007

Interlude: Chasing the Circle

A brief break in the game as we shift gears & seasons. Spring cleaning on a sunny afternoon & I'm tossing stuff out. Mostly fun, but some things I'm reluctant to pitch. I got into a batch of my old poetry. (ok, writer here. takes all kinds, remember?) I think I'll keep this bit. Stashing it away in Chyna's Closet ...

Chasing the Circle [1991]

Touching and touched.
You stand at my shoulder. I move in your shadow. I cherish the last touch of your hand on my hair, the warmth of your breath on my cheek. I wind myself along the slender thread of your smile and find you. More than remembering, more than a dream.

Trusting and trusted.
Other nights, other heartbeats, other passions spent for both of us. Still your heart echoes, hollow, of time idly spent. Of needing more. Do you see the same in my eyes? This is our time of seeking, proving. There is no thought of betrayal. Just waiting on the dream.

Comforting and comforted.
What courage I possess, what strength, what hope is yours without asking. And when my hopes are barren, courage fled, when fear demands a voice I reach out to you. You are ever there. My nightmares are filled with stars. Tomorrow beckons somewhere in that light. It's there.

Loving and loved.
A brief touch. A reassuring smile. A firm order. And in the privacy of our hearts the promise that we are but chasing the circle, each of us from opposing arcs. Completing the course will ultimately complete us. Beloved. The dream will wait.

-Chyna

No comments:

Post a Comment