Friday, March 09, 2007

Girls' Point of View -- REVISED

After my original point-of-view post, I got an earful from my male friends, believe me! And, ok, I've got a fresh perspective on things. So let me take another stab at this subject.

I stand by my original premise: KTDARPG is very democratic. No glass ceiling here. Women in positions of power 'n influence? Definitely.

But I tripped up when I went looking for reasons. Here's what my original blog-entry said: The reason we've had all these opportunities is that the guys in general are hanging back. They kinda like being taken care of, protected, directed, not having to be Out There on a daily basis.

Ok, I'll admit it. On second thought -- and with some helpful guidance 'n prodding (and debating and ass-kicking) from my male game-comrades -- my thought processes were in error. I went back and looked at bits 'n pieces of the game with fresh eyes.

What I found was that, no, the guys aren't hanging back. They just don't feel compelled to push themselves front-and-center at every opportunity. But that doesn't make them any less integral to the game, the developing plots, the action, the character development. And we have had males in some pretty pivotal roles in the almost 3 years the game's been running.

I can't imagine KTDARPG or any of our stories without Prince, Xeno, Rourke, Marionette, Sid, Zero, Scarecrow, Weasel, Ace, Tom-F, Tresvant or even (the female-controlled) Bishop, Creed, Fel ... and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

So ... apologies, Gentlemen. Chyna erred. Hopefully, I've given you your proper deference here and credit for all you do to make our game-world come alive -- with fun, surprises and a depth of being we wouldn't have without you.

-Chyna

No comments:

Post a Comment