Friday, January 26, 2007

Winter Reflections

Winter finally found us here in Ohio. From 60-degree days in December and into the new year, we're now surrounded by snow, moonlight, wind and temperatures in the teens. Typical winter...finally.

Winter makes me moody, so I'm rambling here ... you might wanna pass on this blog entry 'n catch me next time? Anyway...

I was re-reading the following words tonight. They've been floating around the internet awhile. I found 'em on a friend's blog about a year ago and forgot about them until I ran across them tonight. They kind of fit my mood, so..."winter reflections."

After a while, you learn the subtle difference
between holding a hand and chaining a soul.
You learn that "love" doesn't mean "leaning,"
that "company" doesn't mean "security."
You begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts.
Presents aren't promises.
You begin to accept your defeats with
your head high, eyes open...with the grace
of an adult and not the grief of a child.
After a while you learn, even sunshine burns
if you get too much. So you plant
your own garden, you decorate
your own soul and stop waiting for
someone to bring you flowers.
You learn that you really can endure...
you really are strong...you really do have worth.
You learn, and learn...
with every goodbye, you learn.

-Chyna

Photo source: www. carloterlizzi. com

No comments:

Post a Comment