Monday, November 27, 2006

Character Analysis

Every now 'n then, it's good to do a reality-check. Especially if you've been inside our rpg as long as I have (just shy of 2 years).

So I asked my fellow players to vote in a poll about my characters. I have 7 in-game (1 primary, 3 secondary, 3 lesser characters), right at the limit our game rules dictate. For each character I asked: should I kill off him/her? should I keep him/her? or should I send him/her out of the game for a rest? Hey, the players KNOW since they're the ones who interact with my characters on a daily basis.

Their answers kinda surprised me.

OK, just the raw tallies showed 52% voted to keep them all, 22% voted to kill them all off, and 14% voted to send them all away on vacation. I have to say, feels kinda good. Even at the bottom of the poll, where people could vote to just flat-out kill off all my characters or keep them--the only votes cast there were to keep them all.

A funny thing, though. The character that got the most "keep" votes--63% of the people who voted!--was one of my males, Creed. You have to understand, Chyna's been told time & time again that she can't DO male characters, that they come off too feminine to be real. Well, I've checked with some of the guys in the game & asked them to be honest with me. One guy put it in a way I'll remember; he said, "Just because a man is caring, concerned & considerate doesn't mean he's feminine." So I guess the poll proved the point--my most popular character is apparently a guy! (Yea, me!)

The other surprising piece of the results puzzle was the last question. I threw it in just because I needed something to end with. I asked: "Time for somebody new?" I couldn't believe that 50% of the people who voted in the poll voted that it was maybe time for me to create a new character! I mean, I've got my hands full, guys! Hmm...intriguing idea, though...

Anyway, thanks to everyone who took the time to vote in the poll. I appreciate your help. I'll take all the votes into consideration as I figure out the future for each of my current characters.

-Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment