Tuesday, September 12, 2006

D*C Impressions, Part-4

Last week at this time, I was driving back from Dragon*Con, headed home. Exhausted, wiped out, ready for SLEEP & glad I still had a few days before going back to work. Was it worth it? Lord, yes--a hundred times over!

No matter how many people tell you about Dragon*Con, it doesn't make sense until you're there, right in the middle of about 40,000 crazy people in downtown Atlanta. My friends & I were there for "The Tribe" (and "Silk Road); but any scifi, fantasy or otherwordly media was fodder for the 24/7 gristmill of the con. Books, bands, comics--dealers, exhibits, stars--music, maniacs, pirates, stormtroopers, evil overlords--the list just goes on 'n on. I think I saw the sun come up every single day of the convention (though I'm not saying what kinda shape I was in at the time). Something about the atmosphere & the people drives you to experience as much as you can before it's over.

Chyna's not likely to forget:
~~ Lex at the drum circle every single night (AND I got a kiss from the bad boy himself, for which I have witnesses!)
~~ Real live River Rats right out of our game & in the flesh.
~~ The Romulan Commander (with/without ears).
~~ Falling in love at least 3 times--and that was the first night of the con!
~~ Mickey Rooney, still going strong after all these years.
~~ Kevin Sorbo.
~~ Girls in duct-tape costumes (yuch! ... & ... ouch?).
~~ Real-world hugs from our KTDARPG players beat the virtual ones every single time--and discovering that these people we play with are just as much fun, and creative, and DANGEROUS in real life as they are in the game!

If you weren't there, WHY NOT? (umm...sorry 'bout that.) Anyway, be sure to check out the photos that've started to appear on our game-site. Anybody with specific questions or requests, just ask me. I could happily talk about Dragon*Con until my laryngitis comes back.

To Ransom, Hawk, Xeno ... thanks, guys.
Without the 3 of you? It wouldn't have been nearly as great.

-Chyna

No comments:

Post a Comment