Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back to our regular blogging...

People have asked me why Chyna's Closet doesn't talk about The New Tomorrow, sequal/inheritor of The Tribe. My answer: Chyna hasn't seen it. Any of it. Here in the U.S. we're a bit handicapped that way. Hell, I didn't get to watch Tribe episodes until it had been on the air in most of Europe for at least 2 years.

Besides, KTDARPG was inspired by the original--the one we all were drawn to because of its unique look at a possible road to the future, and the possible results of our current stupidity.

The Tribal Gathering at Dragon*Con (53 days away!) includes The New Tomorrow & will present episode screenings for attendees.

I look forward to seeing it...but I don't have any illusions that I'll be drawn to it immediately as I was to its predecessor.

Recently I went back & re-watched some of The Tribe 1st season episodes. Do you remember? What you felt, the 1st time you stumbled on it? For me, it hasn't suffered any with time. The eps still hold up, are still powerful indictments of scientific overload & reaching for the stars when you've got no clue what the consequences are. And the kids who had to survive the consequences...yep. Powerful stuff.

If you don't have your ticket for Dragon*Con yet, what are you waiting for? You know you're gonna regret it if you don't.

See you there! -Chyna

Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The New Tomorrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment