Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dark thoughts

I don't know why, but all my female characters in KTDARPG suddenly seem to be finding themselves in dark places.

Didn't plan it this way. It's what some of us refer to as "letting the story write itself." You find yourself putting words together that (it feels like) someone else is whispering in your ear. I've seen the phenomenon at work many times--on me and on other players.

My warrior-woman "Tara" has just become the unlikeliest (and most reluctant) of mothers. The self-involved "Valentine" is on a path to self-destruction and doesn't seem to care. And my wanting-to-be-fiercely-independent "Jade" finds herself in the same hellish nightmare she barely escaped from once before.

This season in the game, I guess a lot of our established characters are changing, growing, evolving. It's just taken me by surprise.


Have to confess, I'm looking forward to what happens next.
--Chyna

Photo source: copyright Renaissance Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment