Saturday, May 13, 2006

The kindness of strangers

One of the traits I've come to treasure most among rpg-ers is their generosity.

In what can actually be a cut-throat game environment, generous players are golden. They help the less-experienced. They take time to see the whole game & what it could be like with even the smallest moves. They'll use their own characters to strengthen others, making the game-world stronger too. They enrich the story and make it more...real.

I'm not going to start a litany of names. You know who you are.

When I was a neophyte, you helped me. When I had played myself into a corner, you rescued me. When I had an idea & no way to make it work, you collaborated with me. And when I took things too seriously, you made me laugh.

Thanks. --Chyna

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you gotta love the people in RPGs that help you. They are so altruistic!

    But then again, there are others that ruin your game for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough, Mr. F, true enough. We've all had our share of those, and even been known to BE those on occasion. Cut-throat generally initiates cut-throat responses. Ah, but that's another side of the game that can be fun, too... :)

    ReplyDelete