Friday, March 03, 2006

Do you score?

I'm the first to admit I can't sing, can't play an instrument, and don't really dance that well. None of which explains my passion for music. But it might explain why I created a character who's a singer. It also might explain why, since the moment Jade began to belt out Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield" in-game, I've been finding the music of KTDARPG in my head.

Most of what I hear when I read or write scenes happens to be 80s rock with a bit of late 70s rock thrown in the mix. (And no! I'm not a hippy-child of the 60s who just never grew up. Anybody who hasn't listened to this era of music wouldn't understand.)

Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon," Yes's "Close to the Edge," early Stones, very early Elton John (before he went commercial), anything by Jethro Tull (but most especially "Locomotive Breath"), Van Halen, Seeger, Bowie, Kansas, Boston, Journey, Emerson Lake & Palmer ... one day or another, it all seems to fit with bits & pieces of this post-apocalyptic world we're playing in.

What music do you hear? -Chyna
Art source: dmxmusic.com

1 comment:

  1. Dont forget the song "When the Children Cry"

    Good song and fitting.

    ReplyDelete