Saturday, February 04, 2006

RPG 101

I've been reminded of one reason gaming is so much fun. More than tv or a book, the rpg lets you take an hour or two & just move inside your head, in a world you helped manufacture. For a short time, you can set aside real-world & play inside a place where you know the rules (because you helped write them). You know the problems (because you helped create them). The solutions are there at your keyboard, just waiting for you to wrap a crisis up all neat & tidy and move on.

Real-world is never that neat & tidy. Gets confusing. Gets messy. Solutions aren't that easy to find...still, every day above ground is a good day! :)

Sorry, guys. Chyna's had a rough week. We all get 'em, from time to time...when someone else "controls" and you're the chess piece being moved around the board.

Ah, well. I've had my hour in the game. My characters are where I want them to be--singing or talking or just "dealing" confidently inside the story.

Now I'll go and be a good chess piece.

Tomorrow will be better. Promise. -Chyna

No comments:

Post a Comment