Friday, February 24, 2006

Jet-lagged, but home

Long trip. Good trip. Too jet-lagged to sleep, so reading mail & catching up on the game. Everything's pointing our players toward the coming all-city meeting. Will be interesting to see if "The Powers That Be" can pull it off.

For me, I find myself at an interesting place. After being out-of-game for more than a week, it feels kinda like the first time I had a character walk into the game. Unsteady ground, many avenues to choose from. With my primary character, Valentine, I guess it's as near a clean slate as I'm likely to get.

Valentine's only barely been introduced in the game, with glimpses into her goals, desires, history & thoughts. She comes "pre-loaded," providing guidance, incentive & motivation to the mob of refugees & rioters who've been burning their way through the city. Now I need to decide how she'll interact with the rest of this cast of characters. Time to focus on what's behind the pretty face she shows the world...why she talked Sid into teaching her how to use a sword...why she depends on Mordecai (and who the hell IS Mordecai, anyway?). For some clues, I'll tell you that Valentine is a parallel to "The Tribe's" Taisan from 1st/2nd season (when she was still at the height of her space-cadet, new-age hippie days). Taisan believed in each person's power to rule & guide themselves, without leaders & laws. That's where Valentine begins...

In other words, time for the fun to start. Let me get some sleep, and then let the game beware. :)

-Chyna
Photo source: copyright Cloud-9 "The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment