Sunday, January 29, 2006

A year later ...

I've got an anniversary coming up soon -- one year in the game. When "Chyna" walked into StormRiver camp a complete unknown, straight into her first major battle scene, we were in Season-1 on Post # 421. If I remember right, it was Game-Day-Two.

I just recently sent out Post # 5354. It's Season-3, and the game has progressed almost two months. On the old-world calendar, it's December 25 & the turning of the year is close at hand.

A lot of battles, a lot of personal drama, a lot of love and heartache and loss ... the story of these young survivors in an upside-down world has come a long way. Sometimes I'm not sure my fellow gamers realize just how far we've really come. All it takes is a cruise back through the story digests (in the files section - and yes, I know, I still have to finish up the digest of Season 2). Characters have grown up, grown apart, moved on or been moved into the "Book of the Dead." It's a fascinating read.

Anyway, happy anniversary to me. Thanks for the invitation that started me down this road, Adear. And thanks, Xeno, for the ideas that brought us all together to begin with. I can't wait to see what happens next! - Chyna

Photo source: Webshots

No comments:

Post a Comment