Saturday, January 21, 2006

When in doubt, quote it

I don't know about the rest of you, but 2006 isn't going exactly as I anticipated so far. Ok, yeah, 21 days is hardly a fair enough trial period, but still...

It's been a rough week, up & down, with enough disappointments to last me for awhile. So I'll deal with disappointment the way I usually do--build a fire in the fireplace, pour a glass of whatever's handy, and dwell on some of the words that have gotten me through other low points. This time around, I thought I'd share some of them with you.

> "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

> "When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph." - Pierre Corneille


> "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision

of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides

...and one of my personal favorites...

> "There is no remedy for love but to love more. " - Thoreau

Tomorrow will always be better. I have faith. That's what tomorrow's for, right?

Cheers. -Chyna
Photo source: Webshots

No comments:

Post a Comment