Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Trust me"

Ah, my friends, Chyna truly wishes she had a dollar (American) for every time she's heard a player say: "Trust me." It's such a warm, cozy feeling to know you have player-friends who are looking out for your best interests & want to draw you into their interesting plots & strategies & game twists and turns.

In case you had doubts? Yes. That was sarcasm. How stupid do I look? No, never mind, don't answer that one.

I guess I've said it myself a time or two..."Trust me." Trust that I have a plan in mind that you're just PERFECT to help me with! Trust that I'll draw you into my web & either succeed with you or else have someone to cry with when it all goes to hell. Trust that I THINK I know what I'm doing. Trust that I may or may not change my mind half-way through & leave you holding the bag. :)

One of the first lessons my mother taught me was "never trust a guy who says Trust Me." My mom would be proud--I learned that lesson well. Oh, sure, I slip up from time to time. Forget the cardinal rules for dealing with "bad boys" & actually think I know someone well enough that I won't get trapped. Silly me. But I get over it, move on, and probably will make the same mistake again somewhere else down the road.

Bottom line? This is just a game, not world domination. And you know, if I went through life never trusting anybody because I've been burned a time or two? Seems like it would get kinda lonely after a bit. I think I'd rather be a trusting soul than a cold one.

Also, I am generally trustworthy. At least I try to be. I'm not malicious, not vindictive, not so devious that I'll give a green-eyed smile & hope you're bemused enough to follow along just so I can use you and toss you later.

Trust me.

-Chyna
Photo source: Webshots

No comments:

Post a Comment